Saturday, March 17, 2007

Another Medfield Edit...

Soooo I messed up. According to the syllabus we can only edit a wikipedia article once every week, and I of course went and did my biggest edit after only 5 days of my previous edit so this will not count as the third edit to this article. Regardless, here is what I edited:
  • In the Geography section there was only statistics about the size of the town, so I decided to add the names of all the towns that border Medfield. This is a pretty important bit of information and is definitely relevant to the geography of the town.
  • The History section was pretty weak and offered very little information about the history of Medfield. I realize that this section is supposed to be a brief explaination of history for someone to read quickly, but it was definitely lacking. Therefore, I did not change what was being discussed, I simply embellished a little and gave more specific details. For example, I added the year of the King Phillip's War and added specifics about what in the town was burned, and also added that Medfield was the 43rd town in Massachusetts to be established.
  • Finally, in the Trivia section I decided to add the sentence "The Medfield State Hospital, located at 45 Hospital Road, opened in 1896 but at at its peak housed 1,500 patients. The hospital was closed on April 3, 2003." I added this because I feel that this is an important fact to mention about the town... not just any town has a state hospital!

As you can see this was my biggest post yet, and a pretty good one too! Now I have to come up with more Medfield facts to add to complete my last wiki edit. Then I will move on to my other three articles to edit! Woo!

No comments: