Sunday, March 11, 2007

Second Wiki edit to Medfield

Continuing with the same article, I noticed there were a few more changes that needed to be made to the Medfield Wikipedia article. First of all, In the edit I made last time someone went and changed the link to the website. Instead of having the address written out it now has a little arrow to click on that will connect you to the outside web page. At first I was bummed that someone changed what I did, but overall I think it looks better the way it is now. At least they didn't change any of the content I added!!

For my second edit I was originally going to add a link to the website for the Town of Medfield but found that it was already on there. Instead, I decided that there were two edits that people had done that were completely unnecessary. The first one was in the section titled "Notable Residents" This is where all of the famous who live in Medfield are listed. At the bottom of the list someone added "Uber Jason: basically the mann!". I thought this was ridiculous. It was clearly some kid adding either himself or his friend to be funny. I can guarentee that there is no one in Mefield named Uber Jason that everyone is talking about, which is why I decided to delete this entry.

My second change was in the "History" section where the wiki article talks about Richard Desorgher and how he wrote a few books on the history of Medfield. While I feel that this is an important fact to mention, there were many links in this section that were unnecessary. For the word "books" someone made a link to a wikipedia article describing what books are. I think that it is safe to assume that everyone reading this Mefield article knows what books are. Once again, I decided to delete this link.

No comments: