Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Second Sunsilk Edit

Going along with my original plan, this second edit was supposed to be about Sunsilk's old marketing strategy or campaign, which it is. To do this, I decided to continue on from where I left off, pushing the original content further down the page. I feel that this is alright to do since the information that was originally ther is pretty bad and not very informative at all... I created a new sub section of the article titled "old campaign" where I discussed the image of the brand, where their marketing focus has been in the past, and the reasons for why the brand felt they needed a marketing campaign makeover. Here is what I wrote:

"In previous years, Sunsilk has focused much of their marketing attention on gaining international presence. To do this, they targeted different market segments or coutries with specialized products designed to address hair "issues" of each culture. Because of their high interest abroad, Sunsilk's United States advertising declined dramatically. Becasue of this, many years went by that contained little to no advertising of Sunsilk products, which caused them to be viewed as an band targeted towards older women. Of course this was not Sunsilk's intention; however, it was inevitable. Becasue of the brand loyalty from an older audience towards Sunsilk products combined with almost a generation of non-use Sunsilk found it very difficult to gain market share and attract a younger audience.
A new campaign needed to be launched to gain popularity amongst the younger public (see below). To do this, a younger product also needed to be developed. Sunsilk decided that in addition to segmenting the market country to country, they should also segment by hair type in each market. This showed the company's drive to be a competitive brand in an era where customization is key. Their new products focused on hair color, texture, feeling, dryness, etc. After creating the product Sunsilk was able to create their new marketing campaign and strategy, Get Hairapy, to help them make a bold entrance into the 20-year old and up market."

I realize that this is very long, but I had a lot to say. Once again, for this post I really had to do very little research as I had already done it for my presentation in a different class. Although this was a considerably long post, my last one for Sunsilk will probably the longest, most in-depth addition to the article simply because I have the most information on their new and current campaign.

It was interesting to see that since my last post over a week ago not one single person has added or changed anything else on the article. I guess this goes to show that not too many people really care about the product or brand. Even so, I suppose that popularity is not the point of this assignement. Rather, I am adding this information to make the article more meaniful and useful to others in the future.

And of course, stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The information was nice and i also have to give a presentaion coming wednesday. Can you please help me making my presentation on "Sunsilk And Compititive Environment". Thank You - farhan_cbk@hotmail.com