Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Second tap dancing wiki edit

After waiting about a week to do my second edit on the wiki article about tap dance I realized that there had been many changes already made, mostly by one person. I supposed that after seeing my contribution this person felt it was necessary to add as much information as possible as well to make this article as great as it can be. Now that the history and characteristics of tap dance have been bulked up it was harder to find things to add, but luckily I did come up with something. The first edit that I did was in the first section of the aricle where I stated that if someone reading the aricle wanted more information there was a webpage they could access. the sentence I wrote is, "For more information visit the International Tap Association webpage" followed by a link to their webpage. I felt that although this website was listed in the reference section of the article, it may be important to list up front so that someone in a hurry for more information would not have to search through the entire article to find it.

The second edit that I did this time around is in the characterisitics of tap dance secion at the very bottom where it lists some common tap steps. Although the person who added these in did a good job of listing some of the most well known steps, they definitely left out some big ones. Therefore, I felt it was necessary to elaborate on their sentence by adding "cincinnati, the shim sham shimmy, and the paddle and roll" which are also some of the most famous dance steps and combinations known to almost all tappers. The very last edit that I did here was in the history section where the "most prominent tap dancers" are listed. Overall this list was very thorough but I felt that Shirley Temple was an important tap figure that needed to be added, so I did. I also made her name link to the Wikipedia article specifically about her.

What the other editor did to this page was excellent and I am glad that someone else took the time to contribute to this page other than myself. With the combination of our edits (even though mine are small) this wiki article will be great in no time. Also, it probably looks like I went in and deleted other people's edits and then just took them as my own, but what really happened was that I made all the edits without signing in! I know, you warned us about this!!! So what I did was I just deleted all of my edits, signed it and then re-edited the page. I hope this is ok!

Also, stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela

No comments: