Monday, April 30, 2007

Dunkin' Donuts Edit #1

Ok so it took me a LONNGGGG time to figure out what my final wikipedia article would be on. Originally I signed up to edit Facebook, Bondi Beach, Tap dance and the Red Sox and then I started to realize that I knew very little if anything about any one of those topics, except tap dancing. Therefore, I changed all of my article topics to edit but the one on tap dance. My final line-up of articles is Medfield, MA, tap dance, Sunsilk, and finally Dunkin Donuts. Once again I hope this is alright. I have been thinking and thinking of a final topic to edit and then finally today I decided on the Dunkin' Donuts chain as I passed by their store today on Main Street. The Wiki article on the store is detailed, but it is lacking some criticial information and som eof the information that it does have is very out of date. This being said, it seems like the perfect article to edit.

The first thing I did was I noticed that the headquarter information only stated the town and state and no tthe rest of the address which was listed on their website. therefore, I went ahead and added the street name and number and then then phone number of the headquarters as well. As you can see from the history, it took me quite a few trys to get the ifnromation alligned properly!!

The next thing I did was I updated the number of Dunkin' Donuts stores there are and changed the sentence to read, "serving 2.7 million customers per day at over 7,000 stores globally which includes approximately 5,300 Dunkin' Donuts locations in 34 states". I also took out the link proceeding this sentence because it directed the reader to a website with franchise information that does not coincide with the actual Dunkin' Donuts website, which I believe is the most reliable source of information on the topic.

The final edit I made this time around was I updated the sales revenue figure listed to the right. THe number is from way back in 2004 and there is no doubt that this figure has changed since then. I found a more current figure on the Dunkin' Donuts website and substituted it in on the wiki article. Current sales (as of August 2006) are up to around $4.7 billion world-wide... Wow!

And also, stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela stiuqxela

No comments: