Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dunkin' Donuts edits part two

While I was trying to figure out what I should add to the Dunkin' Donuts article I started thinking about the store itself and how badly I wanted a coffee and donut. So I thought to myself, I always get the same thing, an Caramel Iced Coffee, and maybe it was time to try something new, but what? This is when I realized that nowhere on the Wikipedia article did it say what products Dunkin' Donuts offered and a light went off in my head. This was the perfect edit because its informative and new to the article. I went on to the DD homepage and looked up all their different coffee options. I took down the information and put it into my own words as best as I could and voilĂ ! it was genious. What I did was make a new subcategory on the article titled "featured products" and then added information for a number of DD's coffee products. Here is what I wrote:

  • In the hot summer months Dunkin' Donuts has the perfect drink to cool you down, their Coolattas. Each of these drinks offers you an icy blend mixed with delicious flavors. The flavors available are Tropicana Orange Juice, Lemonade, Strawberry, Coffee, and Vanilla Bean.
  • While the Coolattas offer you cool drinks mixed with ice, DD's Smoothies are made with real fruit and low fat yogurt. Flavors include Straberry Banana, Wildberry, Mango Passion Fruit, and their newest addition Tropical Fruit.
  • Although Dunkin' Donuts has always served up Hot Chocolate, they have recently put a new spin on the beloved beverage and have created their very own New White Hot Chocolate. The new drink is rich, smooth, and buttery with a hint of vanilla and then topped off with whipped cream.
  • Recently Dunkin' Donuts has come up with a great new way to add flavor to your favorite coffee. With their new Flavored Coffee syrups they can now add flavor to your coffee as it is being poured to ensure freshness. The flavor options are: French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Cinnamon, Toasted Almond, Caramel, Coconut, Raspberry, Blueberry, and Chocolate. Each of these flavors can be added to a variety of coffee beverages including Originial Blend Coffee, Dunkin' Decaf, Iced Coffee, Iced Lattes, Hot Cappuccinos and Lattes, Hot Chocolate, and even to Coolattas. You can even combine two flavors into one drink!
  • Turbo Hot and Turbo Iced offer an extra kick to its drinkers by adding an extra shot of espresso to its contents. This drink is offered in a variety of flavors and owns up to its slogan that "Turbo provides you the boost you need to power you through your day".
  • Going along with the current trend towards healthy eating and lifestyles, Dunkin' Donuts has created a new Latte Lite. To make it a healthier alternative to their various other lattes DD creates the Latte Lite by combining esrpresso with skim milk and then splenda for sweetness. This combination makes for a low calorie, delicious drink.
  • Dunkin' Donuts also offers its drinkers another latte choice: their Indulgent Iced Lattes that come in two flavors: Iced Caramel Swirl and Iced Mocha Swirl. Each of these drinks is made with real espresso, mocha or caramel syrup, and milk. They are then topped off with a heaping mound of whipped cream and syrup is again drizzled over the top. DD says, "indulge yourself!"

So thats a lot of information, but it doesnt even include facts about Dunkin' Donuts bagels, muffins, breakfast sandwhiches, donuts or any of their other food items. Perhaps someone else will come along and add them to the list of featured products, or maybe this will be the outcome of my third and final post? We'll see. But for now, I definitely feel like this edit to the wikipedia article is a great addition that many people will benefit from.

2 comments:

Jerskine said...

I just wanted to comment and say that I am very glad you added this information to the wikipedia article. I love dunkin donuts coffee, and always want to try new kinds. Your new insights and information will come in handy next time im trying to decide what to get. You blogging about what drinks they have really makes me want to go get a latte right now.

Andrea said...

I'm glad that you found this information helpful. What you said in your comment is the exact reason why I chose to add the different coffee options to the wikipedia article for my edit. I know from personal experience that sometimes when I go to order my coffee I dont have a lot of time to look through their menu and decide what I want. THen, because of this i feel pressured to order fast and I end up always getting the same thing. Even if no one reads what I added it at least helped me in that I read through all of their coffees and I now know what the different options are. It makes me glad to hear that it has helped you as well!!