Thursday, May 10, 2007

Side note...

I wanted to mention that I thought the demonstration done in class on Wednesday was extremely helpful, at least for me. Although i post on my blog pretty often, it is really easy to do and not frightening. As for creating a webpage, now thats scary to me. Sophomore year all business students were require to take ACCT160 and 261 where some of our assignments consisted of creating our own webpage through our UDel accounts (I dont remember how we did it though). I liked the two classes but certainly not the html parts, it just seemed to go right over my head and as soon as that secton of the course was over I quickly erased all html coding information out of my head. So, when we started talking about it in class yesterday it was a good refresher course and having someone come up in front of the class and give it a try eased my nerves. Html isnt that bad and I do think that anyone could do it :)

2 comments:

Kathleen Albright said...

I am glad you were able to comment on my blog about the Wikipedia article I read and I am glad you made this little side note post. Now I can make my last comment on a teammates blog yay! I also liked the demonstration. Like you said we did learn about html in ACCT1601 and 261, but I did not really retain any of that information. They kind of just gave us a framework of what we had to do then we just followed that framework without much thought. Html still seemed pretty intimidating after those courses, but in class the other day the little demonstration reaffirmed how easy it really is. As long as you know the codes (or know where to find what the codes are) it is simple. I actually still have the link saved to my old web page for ACCT160. You can check it out if you need a laugh sometime...here is the link. Ps I even remembered how to do a link without using the cheater button that you can use when doing a post! And here is another link for you...stiuqxela.

Andrea said...

Wow kathleen, that is a great webpage you made! perhaps you should consider getting into the webpage design business... haha sorry. It actually is really good in the sense that you did it all from scratch. For some reason we did not have to do this in my ACCT160 class, we just did exercises on html code. We did make very basic webpages and I am racking my brain to try to remember mine, but no luck. If i think of it ill let you know to have a good laugh. On a more educational note... the whole point of the html demonstration was to prove to us that making a webpage was so easy a caveman could do it (haha) which is true, it definitely is easy. The hard part for me would be having something worth making a webpage about...